Registration is open for the upcoming third edition of the Emerging Technology ‘EMiT’ conference to be held on the 2nd and 3rd of June 2016 in Barcelona, Spain. Building on the successes of the previous two years, EMiT 2016 aims to continue to provide a platform to discuss cutting edge advancements in emerging computing technologies and techniques.
The conference will bring together leading key figures in the emerging computing communities, developers and end users of new software & state-of-the-art hardware, with its untapped capabilities, along with vendors from across the international arena to address the following objectives:
- Identify the latest trends in hardware development for novel computing;
- Share how best to exploit emerging tech for application development;
- Focus on new techniques, their development and transfer to new areas.
Keynote speakers include:
- Dr Michele Weiland – ADEPT Project, EPCC
- Dr William Sawyer – Exa2Green, Swiss National Supercomputing Centre
- Chris Adeniyi-Jones – ARM
- Dr Estela Suarez – DEEP-ER Project, Jülich Supercomputing Centre
- Prof. Lorena Barba – George Washington University
More details of the programme for EMiT 2016 can be found on the conference website.
This EMiT 2016 standard registration rate is €100 for both days. We also offer a reduced student rate of €75, which comes with the opportunity for student registrants to submit a poster describing their current research in the area of emerging technology. Please note that poster slots are limited, see our website for more information.
Registration includes all refreshments during both days, the opportunity to visit both the MareNostrum cluster and Mont-Blanc prototype at the Torre Girona chapel and a seafront conference dinner at the city harbour on the first evening. The final booking date for the event is Thursday the 26th of May 2016. More details about registration can be found here.
Visit www.emit.tech for further details on this exciting cross-disciplinary conference.
EMiT 2016 supported by: