Research IT will be running a new full-day course providing an intensive hands-on introduction to version control using Git on Wednesday 6th July 2016.
The course is aimed at those who have no or little experience of version control. It will cover:
- What version control is;
- The main benefits of using version control;
- How to set up and work with a local repository;
- How to work with remote repositories using GitHub;
- Topics such as branching, resolving conflicts, merging and rebasing;
- Working collaboratively on one repository.
The course will mainly focus on using Git via the command line, but will also show selected tools that support working with Git.
For more information and to register please visit: