At Research IT we know how busy researchers are, and how talking face to face can be the easiest way to communicate a problem or complex research idea. That’s why every other Wednesday in term-time we host drop-in sessions across across campus so you can talk to our experts in person about anything research computing related.
At recent drop-in’s we’ve had inquiries about creating a workflow for putting point cloud data into VR; using machine learning as a way to identify skin issues; scraping user reviews from IMDB, Rotten Tomatoes and Allo Ciné, and how to interview research participants over Skype in a different country whilst complying with the University’s data protection policy.
To see when we’re coming to a building near you this term check out the Drop-in dates below:
- 25th Sept. 2-3pm Michael Smith Building, Foyer
- 9th Oct. 2-3pm Alan Turing, Ground Floor Meeting Area
- 23rd Oct 2-3pm Kilburn Building, Byte Cafe
- 6th Nov 2-3pm Ellen WIlkinson, Graduate School Atrium
- 20th Nov 2-3pm Schuster Building Annexe, Ground Floor